Thursday May 24 – Day 8 of 10 days leading to the Global Day of Prayer, May 27, 2007
Suffering with power for THE GLORY OF JESUS
For the faithful courage of His people
Concerning: persecution, injustice, terrorism
“…rejoicing because they had been counted worthy of suffering disgrace for the Name.”
— Acts 5:41
For the Glory of Christ
• That those who face opposition because they serve Christ will respond with the gentle, courageous character of Jesus (Acts 4:13).
• For Christians who suffer for Christ’s name to be strong in joy and faith.
• For God to glorify Himself by His great deeds in places where He is rejected (Acts 4:21).
For the Blessing of the Nations
• For our leaders and governments to be blessed.
• That government leaders who oppose Christ (Acts 4:25-27) would be blessed with wisdom so as not to be found “fighting against God” (Acts 5:39).
Introduction: A Ten-Day Prayer Guide for the Global Day of Prayer
Site: Global Day of Prayer