Monday May 21 – Day 5 of 10 days leading to the Global Day of Prayer, May 27, 2007
Pursuing THE PEACE OF CHRIST
For relationships to be transformed
Concerning: racism, poverty, violence, crime
“Everyone was filled with awe… All the believers were together… Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need… They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people…”
— Acts 2:43-47
For the Glory of Christ
• That God would release outbreaks of Christ’s peace all over the world through the changed lives of His people.
• That reconciliation among churches would remove divisions and hostilities, marking relationships among Christians with love, joy, unity and gladness of heart.
• For Christ to move so powerfully and clearly that His people, as well as the onlooking world, are “filled with awe” (2:43).
For the Blessing of the Nations
• For God’s people to turn away from greed and worldly desires and become more generous than ever.
• For God to intervene in wars, restraining spiritual forces of evil, subduing terrorism, and protecting the lives of those afflicted.
• For God to use Christians to help lift people from the oppression of extreme poverty. It is estimated that a billion people struggle to survive on less than one dollar a day.
Introduction: A Ten-Day Prayer Guide for the Global Day of Prayer
Site: Global Day of Prayer