Thursday May 17 – Day 1 of 10 days leading to the Global Day of Prayer, May 27, 2007
Seeking THE KINGDOM OF GOD
For the transforming power of Christ’s kingdom
Concerning: spiritual darkness, church divisions, economic oppression
“…and speaking of the things concerning the kingdom of God. Gathering them together, He commanded them not to leave Jerusalem, but to wait for what the Father had promised, ‘Which,’ He said, ‘you heard of from Me…’” — Acts 1:3-4 (NASB)
For the Glory of Christ
• For the hearts of God’s people to blaze with love and loyal obedience to Jesus as King and Lord of all.
• For the goodness and glory of Christ’s kingly love to be experienced by many throughout whole cities.
• For Christ to gather and instruct His people from the Scriptures concerning the hope of His life-giving kingdom.
For the Blessing of the Nations
• For Christ to bring believers to dwell in cities where breakthroughs of blessing have not yet occurred.
Pray that they would patiently pursue the promised blessing of Christ’s kingdom in difficult places.
• That the power of Christ’s love would bring lasting transformation throughout entire communities.
Introduction: A Ten-Day Prayer Guide for the Global Day of Prayer
Site: Global Day of Prayer