Posts Tagged ‘Friday Top Five’
Baghdad butterfly: A butterfly settles on a potted plant as a truckload is delivered to a local nursery from farms on the outskirts of the capital Baghdad. (AFP/Sabah Arar)
Note: This week’s “Friday Top Five” can be found at Alexander.
Second week of Shooting the Breeze’s Friday Top Five includes some great posts. We read, we post, we link!
Here’s my pick for the week of February 1-6:
1. Persecution Blog co-author Hal has North Korea on his heart. The country is one of the greatest offenders of human rights in the world today. Many rank this country as the number one persecutor of Christians. Pray today for North Korea
2. It ain’t breaking news unless it’s on Twitter? I have not joined the bunch that messages on Twitter. But, Sarah Pulliam at the ChristianityToday Politics Blog managed to break news with her Twittering the National Prayer Breakfast post.
3. Baptist Press posted a good article, Out of devastation, God has worked good, by David S. Dockery on the one-year anniversary of a tornado outbreak in the South. He writes… a year ago today — people across Tennessee and the entire Southeast were going about their normal, everyday business — until 87 tornadoes broke out in the region…Devastation was all around, but there was no despair. The words of the Apostle Paul in 2 Corinthians 4 became our own.
Alexander Writes: What are your priorities?
Through Peter P’s “Rediscovering the Church” blog I found Kevin Martineau’s “Friday Top Five – What where your favorite posts from last week?” This “Shooting the Breeze” feature is a must read…and if so inclined, a very fruitful promising participation.
Here’s my quick recount of last week, in no particular order:
2. A greater and deeper look at baptism. Should we always look at it from a “water” perspective? Two thumbs up for Brother Mark’s Baptised Into The Body of Christ!
4. There aren’t fitting words to describe my reaction to this video of an abortion survivor’s talk and message. “Wow!” is one of the responses I had and from many others who sent me a response back from my forward. The Life of Thomas is truly an excellent blog…and this particular post, Inspirational Video has already touched many hearts.
5. Oh, what the heck…here’s one of mine…after all, it IS Super Bowl weekend! Super Bowl Faithful Unashamed.
Have a blessed day…and please consider joining us on this Friday Top Five journey!